Distributed Computing 2
Proof of Distributed Computing (PODC)
How to Get Started with Distributed-Computing:
BOINC Team BiblePay
(you will need to be part of Team Biblepay to be able to receive awards):
POW (Proof of Work) Heat Mining
You will still need to do the steps below and contribute at least some amount to cancer research every day to be rewarded for POW
Will need at least 1,000 BBP for staking (50,000 BBP to get max rewards)
NOTE: How to Get BiblePay (BBP) Coins?:
and will need to create a research account and spend 1.001 BBP to link your research account to your wallet
Also potentially set minersleep=0 in your config to maximize POW work
PART A. Install BOINC & Create Rosetta Account
1. Install BOINC (if running headless, only install the client)
sudo apt-get install boinc-client boinc-manager
2. Create Account
BOINC MANAGER GUI:
2a. Click Activites >>> Search >>> Boinc >>> Run Boinc >>> Add Rosetta - Use existing User
3. Join Team BiblePay: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php >>> "Find a team" >>> Search for "BiblePay"
BOINC CMD COMMAND LINE:
2a. Create Rosetta account with email, password, username
boinccmd --create_account https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/ EMAIL PWD USRNAME
3. Get Account Key
boinccmd --lookup_account https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/ EMAIL PWD
It will return your ACCOUNT KEY that you need to copy
However the preferred method to get your ACCOUNT KEY is:
Use the weak key in most circumstances, especially on shared computers like VPS.
4. Attach machine to Rosetta account to begin working on solving computations
boinccmd --project_attach https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/ ACCOUNT_KEY
5. Join Team BiblePay: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php >>> "Find a team" >>> Search for "BiblePay"
1. Click on Recommended Version - Install the 9.56 Meg version without VirtualBox (VirtualBox is not necessary)
NOTE: If you do not trust the software, you may install the Virtual Box Version - this runs the miner in a sandbox, but it runs slower and is a 98 meg download
After installation, BOINC Manager will open
2. "Choose a project" >>> Select "Rosetta@home"
3. "Identify your account" >>> Create an account
4. Set your Nickname
5. "Find a team" >>> Search for "BiblePay" and join our team
PART B. Setup BiblePay
1. Install BiblePay
2. (OPTIONAL) Clean out old chain data
Bottom of post - "CLEAN UP AFTER INSTALL"
PART C. Link BOINC Account to BiblePay
NOTE: Requires about 1.001 BBP to be used to Associate BOINC Account
Go to Distributed Computing page, and type in the rosetta user & password and click associate.
=== Command Line
exec associate rosetta_email_address rosetta_password
Then wait for 6 blocks for confirm to occur.
If everything worked, your CPID will match the one in notepad.
NOTE: "Please wait 24 hours to see yesterdays boinc RAC and magnitude in Biblepay"
How to re-associate my CPID to a new wallet?
This is Only if you lose your wallet or want to move your CPID to a brand new wallet.
Most of the time if you keep your wallet.dat you will never want to do this.
But if lets say you throw away your old PC and move, and buy a new PC,
yet your existing CPID has say 100,000 credits,
and you just want to associate that old CPID with a brand new wallet, Biblepay would say "Already_In_Chain".
To perform this action type:
exec associate rosetta_email rosetta_pass true
This will forcefully kill the old burn transaction and reassociate you.
PART D. Controller Mining and Staking
In order to receive research rewards you will now need to:
1. Have your Biblepay wallet that was linked to your rosetta account in Step C mine on one thread
The Biblepay wallet will automatically start mining with one thread. With a 250ms sleep in the new miner by default.
You can still increase the number of threads or set the 'minersleep=0' parameter if you wish.
(You can also increase the number (to 500 for example) if your CPU is still utilized too much by the Biblepay wallet for Boinc to function well.
2. Have BiblePay coins in your wallet for staking
The wallet will automatically stake BBP for you. I you have less than 20BBP/RAC, the wallet will stake less and you will receive a reduced payout (see the 'Biblepay UTXO Reward Chart' in the link below: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing#Proof-of-Distributed-Computing
3. Have your computers on Rosetta NOT hidden, they have to be publicly viewable
PART E. Setup More BOINCers
1. Log In To Web Rosetta from here:
Use your Rosetta boinc credentials.
Search the page for "Cross-project ID:" Write the value down in notepad.
That is your CPID and it will never change.
2. You associated (using exec associate) already. You only do this once per lifetime of researcher.
So that wallet was already associated. If you did it again you are now re-associated, dont change it.
(Biblepay will only Honor the Last Burn Tx in the chain for you)
3. For machines 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc, you only install boinc, and use the credentials in step #1.
This will cause Multiple Machines to crunch for rosetta on ONE cpid.
All rewards will go to the associated address.
You do Not want to run the 'exec associate' command again on any of those machines, and do not need to install BiblePay on them.
1) How do I find out how much RAC (recent average credit) my CPID has for Rosetta?
Go to the BOINC manager (on your PC), click on Projects, and on the row with Rosetta, take a look at the RAC field.
That is the number Biblepay uses to calculate your Magnitude in the wallet once per day.
2) How do I view my CPID and magnitude in the wallet?
A. The first way is to click the Distributed Computing tab in the GUI and view the bottom left "CPID" and"Magnitude" values.(This requires 18.104.22.168i+).
B. The second way is to click on the RPC, and type 'exec getboincinfo'