BiblePay Sidechain ValueAdd
A comparison between BiblePay Hosting and Standard Web Hosting:
BiblePay Database and Web Hosting
- Censor Proof (Content lives on the sidechain, in one independent chain per table).
- Content shell metadata is immutable and journaled
- File content, such as mp4 is referenced by the metadata record and is permanent if: a) Fees are paid, b) It is not taken down due to a TOS violation (dcma, riaa, tos porn etc).
- You receive a free CDN and unlimited bandwidth
- Our decentralized network stores the files on over 5,000 hard drives
- You receive free mp4 video transcripts
- Assets such as NFTs and Time Frozen Assets can be shown to have a point in time timestamp
- Audit records can report on an audit trail from our journaled database record
- Low price hosting fees that help orphans
- If our network is attacked, we will actively work to stop the threat, and we will continually work to strengthen our network for our customers
- We provide free video teleconferencing to our clients
In addition to these benefits, we are researching more value added technologies, such as two-way video hosting (for viral videos) and distributed client code.
Standard web hosting
- Your data may be censored by internal, external organizations.
Examples: A left leaning site may simply delete political content that gets flagged as misinformation
4Chan was censored from cloudflare
White house planned to reroute DNS in 2016 : https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37527719
You are subject to ddos attacks, XSS attacks, performance vulnerabiltiies, API attacks, and big-tech rug pulls
You are at the mercy of big-tech censorship, and they may abruptly cancel your service such as Parler
Apps can be pulled from the app store without warning, by big Tech
- Your data has no immutable timestamp
- You make an arrangement for video transcoding, hosting, cdn and maintain poster images for different size devices
- Political risk
- DNS risk
- Centralized risk
DNS and Domain Risk
- In the current web infrastructure both large and small corporations (and BiblePay) are currently subject to these risks.
- DNS risk is the risk that a government agency or the IETF will simply reroute DNS traffic around certain hosts in times of political pressure
(This happened to 4chan with cloudflare)
- Domain risk is the risk that a Domain registrar will cave to political pressure and cancel your domain
- We are currently researching DOH (DNS over HTTPS) to mitigate this risk. (On a side note, Epik is the only known registrar that Parler was able to move to). The DOH technology is still in its infancy (requires manual changes to DNS records), so this is a longer term solution (IE about a year out). What we envision is a Firefox plugin that will automatically enable our app/site to add DOH configuration to your browser or phone. This should theoretically mitigate DNS risk over the long term.
Federated vs Private On-Chain data
We support 3 types of data:
The benefit to public federated data is all Unchained servers can honor the User login, watch the video content, see the comments etc. It builds Unchained in many small pockets to be a contender with a major big-tech social media, think 20 small sites with 1000 users each equals a rich and vibrant community as an alternative to social media giant.
For Non-Social Media uses:
This on-chain private service is used for internal company data (sensitive, internal, pci, or hipaa, etc). This is a good option that allows you to make biblepay your complete end-to-end database. With off-chain private you still receive the benefits of an audit trail. An example of this is when three employees have modified a record, with the last making an error, when auditing the record you will see all of the changes and by whom.
For Social Media:
NOTE: If your organization wishes to make all of its social media records private the following changes need to be made:
A) Set a configuration key value : SocialMedia=value
B) A job needs to be executed to edit any existing records that are public (causing them to be hidden) by updating all of these records in every affected table with the server Private Key and private option. This includes : Video, User, Friend, Timeline, Comment, etc.
C) Once this option is enabled, all adds and edits will be created privately, by saving the server private key signature on the record.
D) Note that if you lose your private key, all of the data will be irrecoverable (BiblePay cannot recover a lost private key).
E) Federated sites will ignore all of your sites records, effectively making your site a lone and private site.
This database is still provided by biblepay but is designed for data that normally gets deleted (such as caches). You can insert thousands of records in seconds and pay very low fees, and use this for data that does not need to live very long (you set the time to live). Useful for things such as mining pools, and data structs.