Spiritual Warfare is nothing to take lightly. It is a serious battle that your spirit will fight within the second Heaven.
Fighting directly against the Devil opens a door in your life to spiritual attacks. It also gives the enemy a right to attack your family, your pets and your assets.
If you are living in sin, do not attempt this battle, as serious damage may come back to you, as if you are not 'covered', the door will be wide open for the enemy to harm you in any way possible.
You must not be holding grudges against others, you must not be half in the world, you must not be expirimenting in sinful activities (for example drinking alcohol and attempting to repent), you must be living a committed life for Jesus and picking up your cross daily.
Additionally a spiritual battle might last an entire year. You have to count the costs before entering the battle, and realize this battle takes sacrifice and perseverance.
- Some tips before you decide:
- You must not have a judgemental attitude towards pastors, men-of-God, or anyone. The reason I mention this, is the last warfare campaign I was readying for, a few warriors raised an issue with Training Materials being supplied by one of the well known church organizations (that they thought were too materialistic). However the materials themselves were professional, solid and backed by scripture. God told our leader: Tell these people they are judgemental, and not to judge my servants! So please, you must be humble.
- Strife: You must not react to people who point the finger at you in a spiteful, or mean spirited way. The devil will test you after you spend days battling his demons. He will do this in your most sensitive areas. One way to get at you is to prod you by choosing an e-mail or a job or a co-worker or anyone to tell you something that "pushes your buttons". The key is to not react (and take the bait). If you do you will invite demons of strife into your life, and you cannot risk that as a warrior of God.
- Count the Costs: This battle involves dedicated commitment - of time and energy for consistency in the prayer closet, and, involves sacrifice, because you are being asked to pick up your cross and represent Christ in a Holy way. If you don't believe you will make it to the end, please don't volunteer. This is similar to counting the costs before waging war with a King on the National Level.
- You must take the armor of God, the protection and covering prayers and the warfare very seriously. Do not shoddily enter battle without all protection on. This is equivalent to giving the enemy an easy shot at you and could result in severe damage to your health, peace and safety, finances, and life in general.
Once you decide that you have what it takes, you have to establish daily cover (cover by a Christian friends prayer, cover by God, cover by the armor and cover by daily prayers); we will explain each of these.
Before entering into spiritual warfare, you must put on the armor:
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
To put on the armor, pray this: Lord, I thank you for your Armor! I put on the Belt of Truth, the Breastplate of Righteousness, the Shoes of Peace, the Shield of Faith, the Helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit!
- The weapons are:
- Girdle or Belt of Truth
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- Shoes of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace (or Shoes of Peace)
- Shield of Faith
- Helmet of Salvation
- Sword of the Spirit
See more about the Full Armor of God Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEYH5SyGfU&feature=youtu.be
Pray a Preperatory prayer:
Pray this prayer every day to get your heart and spirit ready for the battle.
"Oh Holy FATHER GOD and LORD JESUS CHRIST in one heart, mind and in agreement together, we dedicate ourselves, our lives unto YOU and affirm our commitment to do YOUR perfect and sovereign will in this undertaking through the BiblePay Warfare Team and its leadership in Spiritual Battle and Prayer."
Empowered by Your Word, faith, Agape love and Holy Name. Keep us in continuous union with you through abiding in You so that we live, walk and work in your righteous manner.
JESUS, YOU are our example to follow in all things. We seek to live from faith to faith and to accomplish all the work that YOU have for us.
JESUS, we look to and upon YOU for all things and behold YOU for everything we need to accomplish YOUR Holy Will as YOU lead, guide and direct us.
Now lead us by YOUR HOLY SPIRIT in YOUR Work to bring forth YOUR fruit in victory for YOUR Kingdom.
We lift up YOUR Holy Name forever and plead the Name of JESUS and HIS Blood over this endeavor under YOUR guidance and Will in all things. Amen.
Next it is important to pray the Prayer of Protection daily (Psalm 91):
Lord God, how excellent is Your Name in all the Earth!
I am so grateful You have given us psalms of protection to protect us. Thank You for the angels You have assigned to protect us in these battles.
Your word says:
He who dwells in the shelter of the most high, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Sorely he will save me from the fowlers snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings You will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrows that fly by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes the punishment of the wicked.
No harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. Because he Loves me, says the Lord.
Your word says that if I call upon you, you will answer, and will be with me in trouble, and will deliver me and honor me.
Thank You, Lord, for leading me to what You want me to do.
I will give you praise and honor and Glory for my victories!
Personal Daily Prayer of Protection
It is also advisable that you create your own personal prayer that you are comfortable with that you pray daily for protection over Home, Health, Pets, Finances, Job, family. Below is a very good starting prayer (you may adapt to include your own circumstance), and pray this daily, to ensure you are covered before entering spiritual warfare:
Father God, in the name of and under the authority of Jesus Christ I plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over myself, my spouse and our children. I pray that You will immerse our spirits, souls and bodies in the precious and pure Blood of the lamb. I plead the Blood of Jesus over our pets, home, property, belongings, car, business, Ministry, health and well-being.
I plead the Blood of Jesus against any demonic spirits who are coming against us. I plead the Blood of Jesus against all accidents, attacks, misadventure and catastrophes that may try to come against us. With the Blood of the Lamb I dismantle every enemy assignment operating against us. Please reveal to us each day any open doors that allow the enemy access to us.
I plead the Blood of Jesus against any diseases, viruses, infections or illnesses that are coming against us.
I ask for a covering of the Blood of Jesus to be placed between us and any people who are coming against us and our lives. I forgive these people for any attacks against us and I ask You Father God to bless them. I dismantle every curse and attack coming against us in the name and power of Jesus Christ and I declare Isaiah 54:17 “That No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD”.
Thank You Father God I now have full faith and belief that the Blood of Jesus will fully protect us and everything within our sphere of influence.